Monday, March 9, 2009

Dipping my toes into enamels (so to speak) ...


I just finished a delightful two-day Enameling on Silver workshop at BIG Arts on Sanibel Island with Mary Ann Devos, Director of Education for PMC Connection. I've never had anything other than an absolute blast in Mary Ann's classes, some of which I've taken at her home studio.
These are the two enameled pendants I made in class. The orchid has a hidden bail behind the upper part of the blossom. I've got a bunch of enamels and enameling equipment on order and I can't wait to get started on more!

I finished the orchid by constructing a necklace using peach aventurine faceted rondelles, microfaceted green amethyst rondelles, aquamarine quartz and sterling silver tube beads with a sterling toggle clasp.

3 comments:

  1. Really pretty! I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love Big Arts. I used to do lots of classes there when I lived on Sanibel - including tap dancing!!! Love the orchid. Another way for you to add color. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell madly in love with BIG Arts. Beautiful, serene, tropical location off the beaten path. Soft breeze coming off the water. Just an idyllic spot to take a class in a relaxed, creative atmosphere. And I loved the sculpture garden!

    ReplyDelete