Thursday, April 28, 2011

New work, new affiliations, new shows ...



I've no lack of excuses for my long absence!  There are so many of them:  We just returned to Cape Cod from wintering in Florida, where I spent a nice chunk of time volunteering at the Humane Society Naples.  There I assisted in socializing timid felines to give them a better chance of being adopted and made some new friends along the way.  I also had the great pleasure of reuniting with my best friend from my early teen years after more than a forty-year separation -- we had an absolutely joyous and tremendously emotional reunion and have gotten together several times since. I also saw for the first time in several decades a dear friend from my early childhood; our mothers were longtime friends too!  We put the finishing decorating touches on our new condo; I enjoyed my first-ever airboat ride on the Everglades; and I also spent lots of time walking along the beach, collecting beautiful shells and brainstorming ideas for new jewelry pieces, some of which you see pictured here.


With the dramatic increase in silver prices comes a necessary and serious reconsideration of the materials I use in my work.  In the coming months you'll see more jewelry designs from me that employ the beauty and durability of bronze and copper, for example, and more glass and enamel work with less emphasis on silver ... although I don't see myself giving it up silver entirely.

Some other wonderful things are happening as well.  I recently juried in as a brand new member of the Society of Cape Cod Craftsmen and very much look forward to participating in their annual show in August.  More details below!


My Summer/Fall 2011 show schedule is still being formulated, but here's a list of the shows I can confirm I'll be participating in:

August 9-11            59th Annual Society of Cape Cod Craftsmen
                              Drummer Boy Park, Route 6A
                              Brewster, MA
                              http://SocietyofCapeCodCraftsmen.com

August 19-21          40th Festival of the Arts
                              Chase Park
                              Chatham, MA
                              http://CapeCodCreativeArts.org

September 3-4       Artisans' Guild of Cape Cod
                             Whelden Library, Route 149
                             West Barnstable, MA

If you're planning to be on the Cape on a timetable that happens to coincide with my show schedule, please plan to stop by and say hello -- I'd love to meet you!                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment